Creating Family Permanency
It is our goal to return children to their biological home, a safe foster home, or a
loving adoptive home, following treatment. In 2017, of the 883 children leaving Nexus
residential treatment and foster care services, 529 youth discharged to a family setting,
such as an adoptive/pre-adoptive home, a family member’s home, a relative’s home,
a home of a non-related supportive adult, or a foster care home.
• Through assessments, we learned that 40% of all the children in our care
have severe family problems.
• In 2017, 459 youth in Nexus foster care or residential treatment resolved
enough emotional, behavioral, and family issues to return to live in a family
• 76% of those youth were able to maintain living in a family environment at
the 3-month follow-up.
• Donor gifts of $75,000 helped us hire 2 new staff to recruit and license 44
new Minnesota foster homes for children in need of safety.
• 106 children found forever homes through Nexus Kindred Family Focus
• PATH contributed to the finalization of 158 adoptions for the State of